[This page is just a sneak peek …click here to become a member or purchase the class & get full access]
Well this is a FU*KING IMPORTANT class!! …..it’s all fun & games, BUT at the end of the class you will develop your own drawing technique for creating vector art in Illustrator! B-) How cool is that?!
We are taking 1 illustration and adapting it for 3 totally different vector illustration styles…it’s all about learning the techniques, apply [play with] them and figure out which is meant for you!!
• recolor artwork feature
• blending modes
• masks [3 different types]
• blob brushing
• live paint
• enhancing / giving depth to a vector illustration
More than before, this class is a continuity of the previous class, as we are gonna be using artwork done in “the Handy Brander series: Shape Manipulation in Illustrator”
Can’t wait to ‘see’ you there….stay amazing,
Starting from the illustration done in the last class, we are enhancing it, giving it depth + reinterpreting the same character in 2 totally different techniques.
Before everythin, we went a bit into the recolor artwork feature and got those results:
Then, getting into the advanced shit….
1. Enhancing the shape composition illustration
As you can see below, the depth is given by the shading, highlights & texture.
Technique-wise we’ve used:
• 3 different types of masking
• blending modes
2. Blob brush adaptation for the owl character
I’m calling it an adaption as I would not do the exact same owl character with this tool …..I use the blob tool when
• allowing myself to be messier in my drawing
• taking into consideration the stroke width variation
• exaggerating the features almost to the point of it being a caricature
• emphasizing the position / action …working with bold perspectives and dynamic angles
3. Live paint illustration
• pencil tool
• live paint tool
• stroke width tool
• combining techniques
• • •
Can’t wait to see what you’re up to! 🙂