[This page is just a sneak peek …click here to become a member or purchase the class & get full access]
Well, this is a bit of a long one, but it’s worth it ….that just means more FUN & more awesome artwork!
This class puts an artsy spin on the techy last class [Drawing in Perspective], by helping you draw in perspective without all the crazy number of guidelines & it teaches you the basics of shading ….all of those on the background of learning / practicing the brush tool.
By the end of this class, going through all the exercises, not only will you understand how lighting & shading works for different types of volumes & surfaces, but you’d also have mastered blending & working with brushes …probably even get clear on your favorite brushes that fit your style!
Besides all this knowledge overflowing this class [ha ha – I’m laughing, but it’s true], we are also talking color & experimenting a lot with some more unconventional, or at least creatively inspiring techniques.
• the brush tool
• brush variety
• ‘artsy’ drawing in perspective
• exercising different perspectives on different basic shapes
• basic shading: volume render
• advanced shading: textures render
• color theory
• color shading
• playing with some more unconventional shading technique
• digital painting & layering, blending modes, adjustment layers
• doing the final project for you – yet again! a digital painting from scratch
Can’t wait to ‘see’ you there….stay amazing,
Well, I gotta say, there is proof to why this class is so long ….we’ve done sooooo much!! In a nutshell:
1. Basic Shapes Experimentation
Learning while experimenting: we’ve taken 4 basic shapes and experimented with lighting, brushes, textures, colors…
2. Final Project
Here’s my take on the final project ….I definitely would love to see artworks as different as possible from you.
• composition idea
• sketch / element construction
• base colors
• adjusting base colors [if needed]
• shading the volume
• shading texture
• putting in other details [in our case paying a lot of attention to the coffee foam, the sugar & the bottle cork]
• bottle render [different process than the rest]
• cast shadows
• finishing touches
Here’s a sneak peek into the process:
• • •
Can’t wait to see what you’re up to! 🙂